Open Gratitude to my husband, 25 years in to our love and learning relationship (as life is a journey of living, loving, and learning):
1) When we met, you were simple and good. You did not try to impress me or woo me with words. You were yourself..... SIMPLE and GOOD.
2) When we dated you would not even take a sip of alcohol. You made no big deal about it. You just were not interested. I am grateful that I have never had to compete with alcohol in our life together.
3) I will always treasure my memories of our bicycle rides, and walks or hikes that we did in those dating years.
4) I enjoyed meeting your family those many years ago, and seeing how your little sisters loved you, and your mother and step-father had only nice respectful things to say about you. Your step-father always said, "He never gave us a bit of trouble."
5) You have been level headed, always helping me keep things in balanced perspective.
6) I always admired the way you did your best in the technical classes that were offered to you through the Air Force.
7) When I toured one of the military bases and saw the men "standing in formation," and you explained the procedure and expectations, I grew in appreciation and respect for anyone who serves in our military. Thank you for helping to educate me.
8) Thank you for serving in the military reserves pre-marriage and post-marriage.
9) Thank you for all the extra burden of housework that you took on when I was sick with pregnancy symptoms.
10) Thank you for not begrudging me making our pre-mature baby boy my top priority..........and me staying in my night-clothes all day somehow, and getting very little house work done.
11) Thank you for almost ALWAYS going to church with me.
12) Thank you that you joined me in effort to build up and encourage the two other children that we loved along the way, when our son was small.
13) Thank you for always being ready to go for a bicycle ride or walk with me, and for agreeing to take dance lessons with me someday.
14) Thank you for all the times you played with our son or daughter or tried to plan fun special time for them.
15) Thank you for mowing the big pasture for us countless hours, to make our first home be something that our son remembers so fondly.
16) What a blessing that if/when you ever brought a friend or acquaintance home from your work, I approved, or LIKED the guy(s).
17) It is pretty amazing how you homesteaded on the property that we live on now, sometimes sleeping in your truck or a tent, and using the neighbors bathroom.... while I tried to close up and sell our first home.
18) Thank you for all the work you did on our house here, especially the foundation work, and electrical work (which I did no part of).
19) It is unbelievable (almost) and amazing to me, that we together, framed and installed 24 windows in our house, and ply-wooded the exterior together............
20) Thank you for all the traveling vacations you were happy to plan and bring your family on, because with out you, I would probably just STAY at HOME always....
21) Thank you that when you have a fantastic job, you are very generous with your family, and that you managed your income well, and profited our family with wise investment.
22) Thank you for your faithfulness towards myself and our children, even during our 9 month separation.
23) It is such a great pleasure to see you now with our grown son, and to see how you love his wife and daughter as well. I love being a grand-parent with you!!
24) Thank you that it is a high priority between us, to get our son through university.........and then our daughter.
25) Attending our daughter's sports events is so much more FUN for me to do with you by my side, and I am so blessed that you are the dad that likes to "go and do" with our active outgoing daughter !!
I easily could do more positives. Thank you God !!
But readers, young women especially, I can not emphasize enough............. there has been BAD also,
But my awesome God has healed, and provided grace, mercy, and blessings.
I just want you to know..............this is life. The good and the bad, and I am here married to the same man for 22 years, loving him for 25, by amazing grace, and no boasting. I am just grateful.
What will you focus on?
Where will you live?
Whose word will have the last say in your life??
By the Holy Spirit in me, and the strength and wisdom He gives, I choose
His HOLY WORD, and constant dependence on Him, over and over, everyday.