important message

**important message: in order to see all blog posts under a certain tab or date file, you may need to click on the "older" link near lower right. (something I learned about my blog)

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Teacakes and Tea


Spend much time with me and you will catch on, that I like to experiment, and I like to cook with almond meal.  So here is my latest, and I REALLY like it!  

The finished product reminds me of the old-fashioned sweet soft mellow cookie known as teacakes.  This is how I made it.  I only had one stick of butter in the house so this is a small batch, yielding only 2 dozen cookies.  Double it for more...........

Cream together:

1 stick of butter (= one half cup)
3/4 cup of sugar
1 egg







 Add 

1 and 1/2 cup white flour
1 cup ALMOND MEAL  (You can buy it in same isle as flour...)


Then add 

1/2 teaspoon baking soda
a dash of salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract






Make ping-pong ball size balls and dip the tops in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.  Set on the pan and flatten slightly with hand palm.





Bake 350* for 8-12 minutes.  

Watch closely.  I took them out before they were golden, and the texture is perfect.


I heated water in the microwave to make tea with, and sweetened it with the sugar cinnamon mixture and I LOVE THAT TOO !!  If you like cinnamon.........try it for a treat!



Then add great friends and a good book to this, and you have the makings of a wonderful afternoon, in my view !!

Grandma Mary Martha 💖

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Stain is on My Hands

The stain was on my hands.  The fruit has been mostly delicious, but not quite perfect.  The stain, in truth, has been washed away by t...