Teacakes and Tea


Spend much time with me and you will catch on, that I like to experiment, and I like to cook with almond meal.  So here is my latest, and I REALLY like it!  

The finished product reminds me of the old-fashioned sweet soft mellow cookie known as teacakes.  This is how I made it.  I only had one stick of butter in the house so this is a small batch, yielding only 2 dozen cookies.  Double it for more...........

Cream together:

1 stick of butter (= one half cup)
3/4 cup of sugar
1 egg







 Add 

1 and 1/2 cup white flour
1 cup ALMOND MEAL  (You can buy it in same isle as flour...)


Then add 

1/2 teaspoon baking soda
a dash of salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract






Make ping-pong ball size balls and dip the tops in a mixture of sugar and cinnamon.  Set on the pan and flatten slightly with hand palm.





Bake 350* for 8-12 minutes.  

Watch closely.  I took them out before they were golden, and the texture is perfect.


I heated water in the microwave to make tea with, and sweetened it with the sugar cinnamon mixture and I LOVE THAT TOO !!  If you like cinnamon.........try it for a treat!



Then add great friends and a good book to this, and you have the makings of a wonderful afternoon, in my view !!

Grandma Mary Martha 💖

Comments