Reverence all 19 of these ministries !









  Do you ever feel like what you do is unimportant?  Do you ever yearn to "do more for the Lord?"  I appreciate my brothers and sisters who serve in the way they are called, whatever that way is, whether in service to one, or twenty,  twenty-thousand, or by tilling church yard soil, but I think at times, I have been disrespectful of my own contributions, or even misplaced my focus or enthusiasm.

Each person has to make his/her own decisions about how to honor God with  time, talents, treasures, and  hopefully........ then proceed with joy.  In the path of offering our lives as living sacrifices, some of us are our own worst critic.  Do you  under-value your regular contributions or offerings from your heart, hands or mouth?  It DOES all matter !!

 I would like to share this encouragement with you.

Let us remember:

Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father by him. (KJV)

I find the book of Romans chapter 12 to be richly applicable to this matter :

Romans 12
1) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is the good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
3) For I say, through grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
4) For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
5) So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
6) Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
7) Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering; or he that teacheth,on teaching;
8) Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
9) Let love be with out dissimulation.  Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
10) Be kindly affectioned to one another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
11) Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
12) Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer
13) Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.    (KJV)

Praise the Lord, how many ways may we serve?  Would it make sense to neglect your OWN, in order to serve beyond your own household or circle?  Certainly God wants no one to neglect his or her own family, or the sheep in our own yard so to speak!  Serve FIRST AT HOME*, and then beyond, according to how God has enabled you, strengthened you, opened doors, and led you. Every way you serve, matters!

Don't expect yourself to be Jesus Christ, or God.  You are a HUMAN.  When you do ANY of these, with attitude of offering or service unto God, you are carrying out a ministerial function of the body of Christ.:

  •   expressing THANKSGIVING
  •   Bible study/ edifying fellowship, or anything that would renew your mind for Christ
  • demonstrate humility, or represent humility for others to witness and learn from (by working of Holy Spirit to open their eyes)
  • apply and share sober logic to life affairs and scripture
  • share faith in conversation and comments
  • ministering (serving !!! helping!!!  working for !!!)
  • prophecy (to bring message from God..... BE CAREFUL)
  • teaching, or spending time to prepare to teach God's word
  • exhortation (encouragement or building someone up who needs it)
  • giving- If you are blessed, GIVING of time, talent, and or $$$  treasures may be a ministry !!
  • ruling, or in modern terminology:  being an administrator, who gets  people and things organized to accomplish a task
  • somehow extending cheerful mercy and compassion
  • LOVING all along the way ♡♡♡♡
  • standing against evil
  • being attentive to business and finance matters for your church, or a member of the body 
  • demonstrating JOY, HOPE, PATIENCE as a fruit of the Holy Spirit so that glory is to the Father and giver of all good gifts
  • PRAYING as kingdom ministry and work
  • looking out for the needs of the flock (distributing)
  • providing hospitality as a giving ministry or outreach to edify the saints or share your light for Christ, maybe hosting a Bible study for friends or reaching out to someone new in your community, or boarding a traveling minister..............

If you do any of those things, you are contributing to church ministry, if done in the name of the Lord, and for His glory and honor!!!  You don't need to feel guilty or pressured to do more beyond your yard unless you feel led and see that the doors have opened, and that appropriate support is in place.  Do not minister to the expense of your husband* or your children, or those in your close circle who depend on you. Love yourself, for your service to them in Christ's name.
No offering should be undervalued....
Remember EVERYTHING you do can be important and for Him !!  Attitude of heart, LOVE, and your relationship with Him is what matters most.

Mark 9:41
For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.

Please  join me in this prayer:

"Lord, I ask you to touch us, your children now, give us peace and confidence in YOU, to know that what ever we do, when our heart is opened to Your spirit, through Christ, our offering is received, and we are loved, and will be rewarded.  Give us  JOY in every act of obedience in the job you give us, in our home, our yard, our community, our church, as Your servants.  We are so blessed and honored to serve you.  In Jesus's name I pray, AMEN" 

I blog from my heart.  Sometimes here I share wisdom that God has grown in me over the years.  I have made mistakes, in reference to some of this.  I wrote about the result, in two other blog posts if you are interested.  I wish only for good to come from my willingness to write and share.


I thank you for reading.  I would love to hear from you in the comments, and please subscribe in the e-mail bar in upper right of computer format, and share with one of the social media icons below if you would like to help me spread practical encouragement for Christian living.

Tammy @
Grandma Mary Martha 💗






Comments

  1. This is such a needful reminder, Tammy! We are often discouraged because we compare ourselves to others and feel they are doing greater and more important things for the Lord than we are but that attitude is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Edith. You always edify me when you visit!! Thank you so much. (sister hugs)

      Delete
  2. I like to think of any ministry I'm a part of as being in my open palm and extended up to God. If he wants me to move on, or press in, serve big or small crowds, I want to present that offering to him. Thank you for these reminders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your thinking Traci !! Thanks for visiting and dropping a few lines to show appreciation. I appreciate YOU.

      Delete
  3. Well said, Tammy. I used to teach spiritual gifts, and I loved how the understanding of the gifts helped give my students a sense of purpose and ability and a respect for others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment