Proverbs 24 Devotional

Welcome!
The life giving, way of truth and light, that is shared in each book of Proverbs from our Holy Bible, is an absolute treasure!  I encourage you to not miss a verse or a chapter, and to join in my discussion as well.
In this 24th chapter of Proverbs, there are many themes or topics touched on.  It is my pleasure to share here, some of the verses that mean the most to me at this time.

From Proverbs 24
(Bible quotes copy and pasted from Biblegateway, KJV, and my comments in blue.)
For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety.

What I highlighted is my favorite part!  I am always saying this.  It is so applicable, easy to remember, and handy.  This is WHY we need each other and need to have humility to go and ask for counsel, perspective, and advice or opinions from other people.  Obviously this would be people that you respect or admire in character. God designed us to work better if in cooperation or consultation of a social group.  Large group or small group...we need each other.

17 Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth:
18 Lest the Lord see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him.

29 Say not, I will do so to him as he hath done to me: I will render to the man according to his work.

Whoa!  All of these verses speak to me a caution against unforgiveness and wishing ill upon your enemy or taking delight in someone's demise who has done wrong.  God tells us to love our enemies and pray for them. If we are not doing that, then we are not obeying God, and yes...undesirable consequences may follow.  Are we going to be a slave to your unforgiving flesh or an obedient servant of the most high God?

What is most striking to YOU about his chapter?  Did YOU know there was a verse in the Bible that encourages us to recieve counsel from others and not to always do our thinking on our own?  How will you choose GOOD counselors? Where shall Christians go for help if they are having a hard time forgiving?  Does forgiving mean continue in abuse?


Dear God, thank You for this wisdom.  Thank you for the good counselors that you have placed around me.  Grow me to be a good counselor for someone.  Your wisdom is what we desire!! And Lord, help us to forgive.  By Your Holy Spirit in my life, may I FORGIVE and pray for, and wish redemption and reconciliation upon enemies.  In Jesus's name, amenπŸ’›πŸ’›πŸ’›


This post is part of a series. You can catch more of it here:


Comments