Psalm 59-60 Devotional


Colorful, poetic, and explicit are the pleas for God's attention to rescue and more subtle plea to  vindicate the enemy or "wicked transgressor."  I find these Psalms eerily applicable to the virus that we battle today.  Anyone care to use these Psalms as a template to pray from?

God's Word, the Holy Bible, was preserved for us to learn from, be inspired by, encouraged by, and to use in battle.

Ephesians 6:17 King James Version (KJV)

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Psalms 59 Excerpts 
59 Deliver me from mine enemies, O my God: defend me from them that rise up against me.
Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloody men.
For, lo, they lie in wait for my soul: the mighty are gathered against me; not for my transgression, nor for my sin, O Lord.
They run and prepare themselves without my fault: awake to help me, and behold.
Thou therefore, O Lord God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to visit all the heathen: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah.
...............................

Psalm 60 Excerpts


60 O God, thou hast cast us off, thou hast scattered us, thou hast been displeased; O turn thyself to us again.
Thou hast made the earth to tremble; thou hast broken it: heal the breaches thereof; for it shaketh.
Thou hast shewed thy people hard things: thou hast made us to drink the wine of astonishment.
....................................
12 Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies.
Prayer
Deliver us from this virus enemy oh my God.  Defend us from it when it rises against us!  Deliver us from the virus workers of iniquity and illness,  and save us from all manner of wars and battles in the grocery stores.  The carnal minded  are trembling, broken, and shaken,  but we look to YOU for healing and help so we are on the winning side.
You have showed us some hard things, and made us drink the wine of astonishment.  We see how truly spoiled we have been.
May we do valiantly, and let our light shine, because of YOUR love, protection, guidance, and the Holy Spirit in our hearts.
It is surely the God that we serve, who has the power to tread down any enemy, and the Corona Virus no less.  Our God reigns, rules, and is Almighty forever.  All glory and honor to our Heavenly Father.
In Jesus's name we pray, 
AMEN

This post is part of a beloved series by my beloved Christian blogger sisters.  

You can find more wonderful words shared about God's Word, here:





Comments