Empty Nest Woe and Prayer Poem + Scriptures

The Empty Nest Woes

I will admit
Right here from the start
Some could argue 
If I was or was not
Empty Nest

I'll tell you right now
No kiddin'
It's true
This emptiness
Is REAL
And it's mostly
BLUE

One flew out
And lives far beyond
The other VENTURES
And it feels like she's
GONE

Quiet,
Emptiness,
Loneliness,
Quiet,
Boring,

Memories invade,
Memories comfort,
Memories linger,

There's no turning back
The feathers in this nest

It is what it is
We all have to do our best

Mama bird remains,
She's happy for visits!

She'll sing,
Groom,
Gather worms,
To make her chicks
Comfortable and happy
For every return

Quiet,
Lonely,
Boring,
Quiet,

Memories make sad,
Memories delight.



Nothing is as fun
Alone in the nest
But like always
Through it all
I will LOOK TO GOD
And DO MY BEST

Lord, have mercy on us empty nesters,
Help all to be kind
and to keep doing their besters,

Help me to represent
Jesus in me
Help me to be 
The best I can be

And Please Lord,

BLESS MY FAMILY

Your will be done in my heart,
in my nest,
and in all the world,
as in Heaven.

Thank you for preparing a place for me there...
.........................................................
Isaiah 40:29
He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

Psalm 18:2
The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.

Tammy @
Grandma Mary Marthađź’–


Comments

  1. What an amazing amazing post. I pray the lords will be done in my nest as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment