My sister's favorite cookie

I love it when I have the opportunity to make cookies to share with a friend.  Now days, we don't make big batches of cookies often.  I prefer small batches, and I like to share (a taste for us, but not TOO MUCH)  

Today I made peanut-butter(in the blog under "for my TEENS" and "Recipes"), Toll House cookies, and here: Chocolate Oatmeal cookies.  These were my sister's favorite when we were growing up.  You can double the portions if you want a lot or will be feeding a big group.

Galations 6:10 
As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.


Cream together: 1 stick of butter, 1 egg, 3/4 cup sugar


Whisk together:   
1 and 1/4 cup flour,    3 tablespoons cocoa powder,   
1/2 teaspoon baking soda,    dash of salt


Add cap of vanilla
(1/2 teaspoon vanilla)


   Mix the dry ingredients with the cream, sugar, egg.

This mixture is interesting.  It starts out a lighter color, and then as you mix it more and I assume the cocoa dissolves a bit, the color gets darker.... 


Lastly, you add  

1 and  1/4 cup of dry oatmeal. 

 I have used quick oats and old fashioned (bigger cut) and both work fine.  I have also made these cookies with chopped walnuts, and LOVE  'em like that!
 


Just spoon ping-pong size dough balls on to the pan and bake 350* for 8-11 minutes.



The variety plate is going to a friend.  The recipe 


Be blessed, and walk in the Sonshine I pray.
Grandma Mary Marthađź’–

Comments