important message

**important message: in order to see all blog posts under a certain tab or date file, you may need to click on the "older" link near lower right. (something I learned about my blog)

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

My sister's favorite cookie

I love it when I have the opportunity to make cookies to share with a friend.  Now days, we don't make big batches of cookies often.  I prefer small batches, and I like to share (a taste for us, but not TOO MUCH)  

Today I made peanut-butter(in the blog under "for my TEENS" and "Recipes"), Toll House cookies, and here: Chocolate Oatmeal cookies.  These were my sister's favorite when we were growing up.  You can double the portions if you want a lot or will be feeding a big group.

Galations 6:10 
As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.


Cream together: 1 stick of butter, 1 egg, 3/4 cup sugar


Whisk together:   
1 and 1/4 cup flour,    3 tablespoons cocoa powder,   
1/2 teaspoon baking soda,    dash of salt


Add cap of vanilla
(1/2 teaspoon vanilla)


   Mix the dry ingredients with the cream, sugar, egg.

This mixture is interesting.  It starts out a lighter color, and then as you mix it more and I assume the cocoa dissolves a bit, the color gets darker.... 


Lastly, you add  

1 and  1/4 cup of dry oatmeal. 

 I have used quick oats and old fashioned (bigger cut) and both work fine.  I have also made these cookies with chopped walnuts, and LOVE  'em like that!
 


Just spoon ping-pong size dough balls on to the pan and bake 350* for 8-11 minutes.



The variety plate is going to a friend.  The recipe 


Be blessed, and walk in the Sonshine I pray.
Grandma Mary Marthađź’–

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Stain is on My Hands

The stain was on my hands.  The fruit has been mostly delicious, but not quite perfect.  The stain, in truth, has been washed away by t...