Generational Blessings

  


Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.  Acts 3:25

....The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.  James 5:16

If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?   Matthew 7:11

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.  James 1:17

GENERATIONAL BLESSINGS? Ever heard of it? Were the generations beyond Abraham blessed because of his faith? Are Christians blessed because of His faith, obedience, and perfection? Does the Heavenly Father reward? Does He give good gifts?
That man right there, is my paternal grandfather. Born in 1901, the 3rd of 4 living children, his mother died when he was 10 or 11 (they told me he was in 4th grade when his mother died, and he did not get past that grade in formal education).
A family friend reported sitting with my great-grandmother when she took her last breath, leaving behind her beloved husband and 4 children- none fully grown. This family friend reported that she used her dying breaths to sing most beautifully, to herLord, the hymn, "I SURRENDER ALL."
She was leaving her family, no choice of her own. Do you think she PRAYED for family, for the generations, as she faced this demise? I know she did.
That man in the picture, (taken LONG BEFORE I was born) I knew as an old man. In my mind's eye, my memory, I see my grandpa sitting in his chair, READING HIS BIBLE.
I have wondered, how much of the mercy and blessing in my life has been GENERATIONAL blessings from obedience and prayers before me. I suspect a lot.

What will you help to build?

Invest in faith and obedience for kingdom purposes and for the generations to follow you....
ACTS 3:25, JAMES 5:16, MATTHEW 7:11

Comments