Proverbs 8 Devotional



Welcome to another edition of Blogging Through the Bible!  This is my sharing from Proverbs chapter 8, and you can catch more from this wonderful series here:
  Words From the Wheel by Staceylynn Wells
No Longer Lukewarm By Angela G.



Proverbs 8
As I read Proverbs 8,  a couple of vague thoughts or questions swirled around in my mind.  Is the personification of wisdom in this chapter in any way referencing to Christ or the three in one triune God (the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), having been from the beginning and being found when sought, and bringing blessing and favor.  If no specific or purposeful double meaning built into this passage, to say the least, these themes are COMMON between Christ and wisdom:

~to be highly valued
~from the beginning of humanity or before...
~ available to those who seek and honor...
~imparts reward or favor

What a wonderful life lesson to teach children, or for self to learn:  There is high value in WISDOM and instruction!!

10 Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold.
11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

Wisdom helps to produce and maintain GOOD LEADERS!!
Wisdom rewards those who seek her!
Wisdom is available to who SEEK.

15 By me kings reign, and princes decree justice.
16 By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.
17 I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.
...................................................


32 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.
33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.
35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord.
(quotes copy and pasted from Biblegateway, KJV)
I am of the mindset that this should be talked about with children, and in homes.  How do they learn this well unless told so?  We can hope or wish that children or people would naturally be seeking and receptive to WISDOM and righteous instruction, but have you ever met a toddler or a teenager or an adult who respected wisdom naturally from the GET-GO?
As Christians, may we model the humble search for God's wisdom, respect for wise counsel, and willingness to receive instruction and GROW, and may our lives model reverence and obedience, because little eyes, others, and God will be watching for sure!

What strikes YOU most about this chapter?  Are there people, or little children in your life that you should talk about the value of wisdom to?  Does your life model respect and pursuit of wisdom from God?


Dear God, 
Please grow an increasing hunger in me for Your word, Your wisdom.  Help me to be a good example of one who pursues and respects Your wisdom, and instruction of good counselors whom You approve of.  Give me discernment.  Use me to promote wisdom I pray.  In Jesus's name I pray, AMEN


Comments