Exactly what I need?


Philippians 4:19
19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.


...............................................


Have you ever thought, "What next?  What challenge will happen next?"

Let's be real.  This life is one wonderful thing following two or more challenging things.  Life is rarely EASY!  But how blessed we are to live in the Christian faith!


I am for practical purposes, beyond middle age, yet I am still trying to master living like I believe Philippians 4:19.  I have a friend who is always saying, "I really believe that God gives us exactly what we NEED."  I have been thinking about that.  It reminds me of Philippians 4:19.  


Is my God rich enough?  Is He glorious enough?  Am I to take scripture as truth?  He will meet my every need?


If God meets our needs according to His riches in glory, then ... that MUST be enough.  It must be enough, otherwise the riches in His glory are not enough.  I know the riches in His glory are enough, because my God is AWESOME enough, so my friend must be RIGHT.  God gives us exactly what we need!


Well, a room of Christian sisters could probably chat a while on this.  If He gives us exactly what we need then why is life so challenging?  Hmm.  I suppose because it is God's intention that we live like humans...grow and learn.


So when we live through the challenges that life brings us, may strive to do so with FAITH, gratitude, joy, and a worshipful heart.  May we hang on to this truth that God gives us exactly what we need, and may we courageously face challenges from the perspective that God gives us what we need, but it is not His intention or expectation that this earth be paradise.  Paradise comes when we go to Heaven.  In the meantime, face challenges with these self reflection questions:


*  What lessons are here for me?

*  How can I grow from this?
*  How can I be an encouragement for others through this?
*  Where is my opportunity to inspire or serve?
*  Am I still able to worship? 

How many times does this principle speak to our worry or fret? I think it applies often.


PRAYER 
Dear Father in Heaven, thank you for Your love and patience, with me, and the good plans that you have for Your children through Jesus Christ.  Help me to remember, and to get stronger in living joyfully and courageously like I have full faith that You are going to give me exactly what I need.  

Use me to encourage and inspire, no matter my life challenges. Thank you for my HOPE in the Holy Spirit and for Your provision. Thank you for my precious Christian friends.  I can do this, because You are enough, and You are my God.  In Jesus's name I pray, amen.





Comments