Psalms 93 and 94



Psalm 93 

1) The Lord reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.

Majesty.  Is there a higher, more royal title or descriptor?  That is our God, Lord above all, and HE REIGNS!!  Did you catch that sweetness?  So no matter what is going on around you, in your family, or in this crazy world...just remember our God does reign, and ultimately His are Heaven bound.  Let that be a focal point when you spin.

Psalm 94
1) O Lord God, to whom vengeance belongeth; O God, to whom vengeance belongeth, shew thyself.

Tempted to plan or wish for revenge?  Best thing to do is put it in God's hands.  Give it to Him.  Ask Him to take over and work it all out.  Give it to Him over and over.  He is trustworthy and capable of handling it all!

19 In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.

Oh yes, our thoughts may be busy, frantic, and loaded with worry, but... may His word, His Spirit, be our great and present comfort.

22 But the Lord is my defence; and my God is the rock of my refuge.

No matter what we go through, how blessed to be able to remember that God is our rock of refuge, and our defender.  On His side?  If yes, then you are on the winning side!

quotes, copy and pasted from biblegateway.com, KJV

To what worries should we cling, when we have such wisdom (as above) from Psalms?  What can help us apply this wisdom... to give vengeance to the Lord?  Would sister accountability help?  Do you have sisters to be accountable to? Do you talk together about God and His Word?  How can you bless these sisters and encourage others?


Dear Father in Heaven, I know that you see it all, and You have the power, and the might, and can do anything.  Help me to live as a living sacrifice so that my eyes are more and more focused on Your will, Your way.  Help me to turn my disappointments and hurts over to you.  Help me to make the right choice to pray for my enemies and to leave revenge, judgement and justice to you.  All glory and honor to you, in Jesus's name I pray, amen.


This is part of an ongoing series.  To catch more wonderful, you can go to these blogs from my precious Christian blogging sisters:
StaceyLynn Wells @  Words From the Wheel
Angela G @ No Longer Lukewarm



Comments

  1. Amen to that prayer. I've recently been feeling frustrated at the misgovernamce and sometimes total lack of leadership and injustice in my country, especially with the killing of Christians. But it's true that God is in control and will execute judgment at His own time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May I be a good and faithful sister to lift your homeland in prayer Edith. I am grieved to think of this evil lurking near my sister....

      Delete

Post a Comment