Psalms 25-26 Devotional





Certain ideas or world views are presented in scripture over and over for our instruction and
 inspiration.  Such as I see in Psalms 25 and 26.

The psalms are WONDERFUL at giving us a template to use in prayer, worship, or even for
 inspirational example, and in these psalms I see all of that.  Chapter 25 leads us to SEEK
 the Lord with a humble and dedicated heart, treating the relationship between God and
 man as one of dependable, trustworthy friendship, making requests for protection or 
victory.  (God responding to His dedicated is expected outcome!) Chapter 26 moves into worship in 
declaration of allegiance and affection.
All of this together reminds me of what we should be seeking in the first place:  God over all, a relationship with Him, above all other worldly matters.  May we be rich "toward God," above all else!

Luke 12:21...layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

Also note that in chapter 26 also evidence is seen that it is absolutely prudent for God seekers to exercise discretion in who they choose to hang out with (v.5 and v.8).

Psalms 25
25 Unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
O my God, I trust in thee: let me not be ashamed, let not mine enemies triumph over me.
Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.
Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.
Psalms chapter 26
I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.
I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O Lord:
That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.
Lord, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.
KJV copied from biblegateway.com

Have you ever tried reading a few psalms a day, from the Bible?  It makes a FABULOUS devotional book!!
When was the last time you set out to invest time, trust, and affection into your relationship with your Heavenly Father who hears all, sees all, and is who much of Psalms was written for?  (some is instructional or inspirational for our benefit...)
Does your choice of company of activities reflect a value system shared with the psalmist?  Is there a way that you would like to improve?


Dear Father in Heaven, I thank you for your love for your people, and your mercy and your grace, that you desire a relationship with us, and that you are willing to be a present help in times of trouble.  Thank you for your word preserved, that we may learn and grow, in our journey of faith with You!  Thank you for Jesus, that makes it possible for us to expect that the best is yet to come...In Jesus's name I pray, amen.


This post is part of a series, where sisters take turns blogging through the Bible as we read cover to cover.  You can find other posts here, and thank you for joining us:
Words From the Wheel by StaceyLynn Wells




Comments