Psalm 1-2 Devotional



Welcome and Introduction
Welcome to the first edition of Blogging Through the Bible, Psalms edition.  Before I get in to Psalms I would like to share the other wonderful bloggers of this monumental ongoing project!  Stacey Lynn Wells @ Words From the Wheel, and Angela G @ No Longer Lukewarm have a really great ongoing index of our posts, while Tatiana has some @ Purposeful Motherhood, and just recently Renea Forbes @ Pursuing God, concluded Job for us in lovely way, and a few BTTB posts are @ Telling Hearts It's a great way to get in on some sister chat about the Bible! 


Psalms 1 and 2
What a blessing these psalms are!  Exhorting us to understand that the good and just who put their trust in the Lord are rewarded,  every act of devotion and obedience is seen and cared about, and fear of, love for, devotion to God's way, is the right way!!

Here are my favorite parts:


from Psalms chapter 1:
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
from Psalms chapter 2:
11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Take-aways
Choice of FRIENDS and COMPANY does matter.
It should be a HIGH priority, that we seek to honor God's ways set before us in His Word preserved.
I want to be a "Jesus freak" and to "meditate day and night," on His Words.
God sees, and God rewards.  Fruit will come in its season.

Having just finished the book of Job, I can say that in the end of the book of Job, what had been Job's test, became a testimony of these Psalm principles, and more.  How rich God's Word is for us!


People say that Jesus hung out with sinners as an excuse to hang out indiscriminately  with whom they choose.  It is true that Jesus followed where the Father led, and He foremost acted in love and was not afraid of cultural bounds, but really and truly, WHO DID JESUS HANG OUT WITH MOST
Why did God give us rules and laws to begin with?  Why does a parent establish rules?  What is your favorite part of chapters one and two? 


Father help me to be wise in living, loving, and choosing friends.  I want to serve you well, and I need the Holy Spirit to help me do it!  Thank you for providing Jesus, that I can be forgiven of my sins and have hope and expectation that you will finish the good work that you began in me someday in eternal paradise.  Thank you for Your word preserved, that I can have wisdom at my fingertips with in the pages of my Bible.  In Jesus's name I pray, amen.




Comments