Job 29-30 Devotional


Welcome and Introduction
Welcome to the Job 29 and 30 edition of Blogging Through the Bible, a facet of Titus Women's Gathering, for our Revel in the Word album, where these sisters take turns blogging devotionals as they read the Bible cover to cover over time.  You are invited to join in our sharing and discussion, here at Grandma Mary Martha, Telling Hearts (our collaborative blog) and with


Mud on your face ever?

Have you ever felt like you had fallen from the top of your game, into the mud?  Like you had mud on your face? Disgraced, humiliated, defeated and at your lowest low?  That seems to be what Job was going through to the tenth degree, in Job 29 and 30.  

Literally Job 29 is him remembering when he was feeling blessed and on top of the world, grateful, dutiful, joyful, responsible and respected...then Job 30 describes quite poetically how low he has fallen.  It is indeed a sad story.

At the end of Job 30, suspense builds, as Job seems to be asking respectfully and earnestly, "Why did this happen to me?"

Job 30: 25-31
25 Did not I weep for him that was in trouble? was not my soul grieved for the poor?
26 When I looked for good, then evil came unto me: and when I waited for light, there came darkness.
27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
28 I went mourning without the sun: I stood up, and I cried in the congregation.
29 I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.
30 My skin is black upon me, and my bones are burned with heat.
31 My harp also is turned to mourning, and my organ into the voice of them that weep.



I am looking forward to the next chapter.  I think this is about to get really good.  What answer will Job gain?  What will happen next?  Would you join us in reading God's Word, and discussing in comments?




Could you relate at all to either of these chapters, either of these scenarios (being ultra blessed...a big FALL)?
How important are mentors, and encouragers in our lives during the roughest toughest times?
Who can you encourage today, or this week?
What do you do to keep yourself connected to encouragement in your life?


 Dear Father in Heaven I pray that in the good times, you would build me strong and wise so that I always know to look to You for wisdom, and so that I always believe in Your goodness. May I be used by You for Christian kingdom purposes,and help others in their difficult times.  Thank you for preparing a place for me in Heaven.  In Jesus's name I pray, amen.

If you do not have expectation of eternity in paradise, but wish to, perhaps you would like to read this post, explaining our belief about salvation.







Comments