A Biblical Perspective on Back Stabbers and False Witnesses


When someone back stabs you, or causes you trouble, PRAY about the situation, and PRAISE THE LORD!!


Psalm 35  KJV
11) False witnesses did rise up; they laid to my charge things that I knew not.12) They rewarded me evil for good to the spoiling of my soul.13) But as for me, when they were sick, my clothing was sackcloth:  I humbled my soul with fasting; and my prayer returned into mine own bosom.14) I behaved myself as though he had been my friend or brother: I bowed down heavily, as one that mourneth for his mother.15) But in mine adversity they rejoiced, and gathered themselves together: yea, the abjects gathered themselves together against me, and I knew it not; they did tear me, and ceased not: 
24) Judge me, O Lord my God... 

26) Let them be ashamed and brought to confusion...
27) ...Let the Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.28) And my tongue shall speak of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long.
I find v.11 is sad and reminds me of those times when perhaps something has been "misunderstood," or "mis-inferred" and one party thinks all is well, and IS well intending, and meanwhile another party is offended and brewing.  So much like PEOPLE!!

v. 12-v. 15 really gets to the back stabbing and false witnessing part.  David the Psalmist really feels that he has been well intentioned and his goodness was re-paid with evil.  He goes on to explain how he was sad when his offender was in trouble or hurting and though they gathered unbeknownst to him, to "tear" him down with out ceasing.

What is David, the Psalmists reaction?

He invites God into the situation by expressly inviting Him to be the judge.  Then he seems to go on to ask expressly for what he thinks would be fair and just(v.25, 26) and then he focuses on God and His goodness.  He seeks to PRAISE the Lord v.27, 28.

Have problem?
Pray and then praise!

I invite you to look around in this blog, and share in social media what you value or think would bless someone else.  Evil and yuck is going to be in the internet and real world for our children.  Grandma Mary Martha blog aims to add GOODness into the world.


Comments