Lessons Learned, Shaping Continues (poem)


Lessons learned
Shaping continues
God is not finished
When spirit is the venue

No matter the age,
Gender, status or rank,
Growth is the goal,
When in the Holy Spirit we are sank
(saturated)

Sometimes we consciously follow,
Sometimes He grows us,
When in sorrow we wallow,


Intentional cooperation,
Or stealth and secret operation,
Growth will come,
When WILL and INTELLECT, we surrender
God will HELP us grow,
And submit flesh
So His will we do not hinder,

He teaches us how to
Better LOVE
Better serve
Mind our manners
And His way observe

I love to hear the stories of my sisters
Availed to His hand and GLORY

How to love, how to forgive,
How not to worry,
To reach out,
To embrace others,
As this life we live,

Thank you Father,
For continuing your work,
So further and further into my life,
Hopefully I am,
Less of a JERK
.................................................

This is a random poem that I pecked out on the keyboard one day.  Simply summarized, "I am grateful for the many ways that God does continue His work in my life, and I am in awe of what he accomplishes despite the flesh.  I wish to point all glory and honor to Him."

I have great difficulty carrying a tune or keeping a beat.  I am not a talented singer.  My measly attempts at gardening have turned out pretty badly. (I tried roses and pototoes...)  There are many things that I can not do, but building with words, and writing poetry seems to be a gift that God has given me in my adult life.

At the end I will link to some other poems that I have written.  Some literally felt like they were dropped into my heart from God as a gift.  One of my poems, I felt pregnant with for weeks, and I rustled and nested with in my spirit seeking God's help to bring it forth, and then it was born..... spontaneous delivery into my soul one day on the way to work, and I grabbed pen and scratch paper and wrote it down with my eyes still on the farm road, thinking if I did not get it on paper NOW that I would loose it.....

Anyway, one thing that I like to do is tie scripture to my poetry so here it is, for above poem:
..............................
Acts 10:34  ... God is no respecter of persons

2 Corinthians 7:10...godly sorrow worketh repentance unto salvation

Matthew 6:33  seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you

Romans 5:5  ...the love of God is shed abroad in your hearts by the Holy Ghost

Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Philippians 1:6 ...he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

Link to some other poetry.  It will take a while to browse and read because I made the mistake of entering them into my blog as a group and not one at a time.  Perhaps someday I will re-do the entering part:



Sharing with the icons below, can help this encouraging content reach others.  Thank you for reading.



Comments

  1. Beautiful! I love reading other people's poems! Being a poem writer myself I know the deep beautiful place they come from. ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment