Blogger Sunshine Award 2018

The Sunshine Blogger Award is peer recognition for bloggers that inspire positivity and joy in their writing.
My blog, Grandma Mary Martha was nominated by Maryann Lorts, at her blog, Coming to Light with Maryann Lorts.

I have shared quite transparently at my blog, about myself and the reasons that I blog, and as I told Maryann, "Thank you.... I will take encouragement any where it comes from."

I am grateful for this kind and fun tradition, so with that in mind, I also nominate bloggers for this award. If I nominate you, I would be thrilled if you participated, but if you choose not to, still my readers may enjoy visiting your blog!  These are my nominations:
1. Rosie @ Nugets from the Heart (gifted for lifting your heart)
2. Kristen Ekiss @  https://www.facebook.com/groups/strongerfaithandfitness(for health and nutrition; a closed facebook group where she is a SWEET healthy encouragement in every way, even with Bible lessons!!)
3. Prescott & Peaches Williamson@  prescottascoolbreeze.com(I love his HUMOR!!)
4. Sara Cole @ Broken &Contrite Hearts (telling it like it is in real life, with emphasis on the blessings!) 
5. Tatiana @ The Musings of Mum (an advocate for homeschooling and Proverbs 31 life)
6. Kim Edwards Wilbanks@ https://kimwilbanks.wordpress.com  (mostly about adjusting to life after kids are grown; I can relate!!)
7. Tami Sorenson Gaupp @  Lanyap Corner  (full of wisdom and the extra goodness for life in Christ)
8. Teliah @ https://beautychristrelationships.org (speaking encouragement for a Christian lifestyle)

My QUESTIONS TO ANSWER are as follows:
1. What is peace to you?  How do you find it? Do you have a favorite Bible verse or saying about peace? Peace is walking with confidence and joy rather than burden and worry.  My HOPE in the Lord and His word gives me peace and comfort and I find that there is something magical that happens to my countenance when I walk in the beauty of His creation.  A GREAT BIG SMILE, of joy and peace, grows on my face!

2.  What one country would you like to visit someday? Hmm, I used to DREAM of visiting Hawaii, but now I dream of traveling all of the National and even some State Parks in the continental USA.

3.  What inspires you? LOVE and nature, and Holy Spirit inspire me.  I have had POEMS come to me that feel like absolute mysterious gifts from God!

4.  What is your favorite hobby?If I must choose, I am going to say WRITING because it feels so much a part of who I am, and who I think God intends for me to be, and it has been a constant characteristic of my personality for so very long.

5.  If you could meet a famous person, who would it be? This is a hard question because I never dream of meeting this or that famous person, but I will tell you that the people that I most enjoy talking to and being around would be champions of causes, like child advocacy, or animal rescue, or missionaries etc..

6.  Do you collect anything? My weakness is BOOKS, and I absolutely treasure the handmade quilts that I was gifted from my grandmother.

7. What do you love most about blogging? What I love most about blogging is the opportunity to put goodness into the world and to spread encouragement, and make friends. All of that is related.  At first it was quite scary, but I have been richly rewarded in friendships. Do not conclude that this must be all over the internet- quite the contrar.  Blogging (by ME exposing my heart in this way) seems to have made people in my community feel more comfortable with me, and relationships have been forged there.  Blogging has been a win win win win win experience for me because I have my family's support, and I am grateful!

8.  What is your favorite holiday and why? I will say that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, because I love the gathering of family, the cooking and the focus on gratitude.  Jesus is celebrated all year, in my family.

9.  What is your favorite family tradition? My favorite family tradition is a new one... stuffing Christmas stockings for a Children's Home in my geographic vicinity, with the help of my extended family.  

10. What is one thing you wish your readers knew about you and your blog? I am truly grateful for readers, and comments, and shares on social media.

11.  Do you have a favorite book?  The book of Psalms is my favorite!!
Suggested rules for the award, should you choose to accept, (your option):
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
  • Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
  • Nominate 11 new or new to you blogs to receive the award, and write  11 questions for them.
  • List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Here are my questions for you, my blogger nominees, should you accept this award:
1.  When and why, did you begin blogging?
2.  What inspires you?
3.  What are your  favorite hobbies?
4.  How would you characterize your blogging journey so far?
5.  What is your dream vacation like?
6.  If you won a million dollars what would you do with it?
7.  What delights you?
8.  What one thing do you wish your blog readers knew?
9.  Where would you like to travel to?
10.  Who do you admire most?
11.  Favorite book? 

Thank you for letting me share.  Be blessed in the Sonshine!
Tammy




Comments