10,000 page-views HURRAY !!
Hey, I know better than to be big headed. This is a humble accomplishment, the blogger world knows, but still it is an accomplishment and I am pleased.
I thought it reason enough to do some reflecting, so here now, I will share some of MY journey.
would be my specific verb
I had fumbled,
fumbled and grumbled more,
all the way to learn privacy settings,
drafting and publishing basics,
and later, how to play with theme,
I did not know how to link.
I did not know how to get pictures for my blog.
my new smart phone was synced
with my laptop
and by accident
I found my photos on my laptop
Can you believe it?
In 1998 I had no clue what google meant.
In 2006, my savvy girlfriend
lovingly forced me to practice
MY FIRST COMPUTER e-mail
A decade later,
Fumbling and grumbling,
I learned how to download pictures
from my phone
and to embed links
(I think that is what it is called.)
Then I read advice informing about
and learned how to download
and enjoy those
Fumbling and grumbling again!
Lastly, I did learn how to do a YOU-tube
an oral reading of a few poems for
Grandma Mary Martha
Oh, I learned that having a facebook page
for your blog was a THING
and so I did that.
Somewhere along the line,
in my research,
exploring and fumbling,
I learned that joining
a blog support group was advisable
I went to the facebook search-bar and
Christian Women Bloggers
because I knew I was interested
IT WORKED !!
That was a wonderful new beginning.
I got this notebook:
and indexed for alphabetical order of
I had a place for notes,
and was organized
Here in the front is my list of goals and questions:
I still don't know the answers...
I am still learning
I enthusiastically and strategically
participated in my group
Not knowing any better
(want to hear my mistake?)
I was documenting
my side of the activity
in my notebook
"Who wants to waste their time, and keep
visiting and investing in someone who is not
going to return the interest or favor?"
But I learned some-things that negated
my original logic:
1) Whether or not the bloggers reciprocate my visit and interest, I am blessed because of the richness and quality being put out by my blogging sisters.
2) There are several factors that influence which blogs I choose to visit:
~ Because of the,"Treat others the way you would like to be treated," principle if I see someone who has had no attention or few likes, I will try to visit.
~ It is logical that I select first, posts that are of interest to ME that might be in line with something that GRANDMA MARY MARTHA readers may enjoy, because sometimes I choose to share on my blog facebook page!
~ I try to pay attention to names and comments, and reciprocate visits and attention !!
3) No need to keep record of my activity. My alphabetized index of blog contacts is seemingly useless. I don't use it. I follow links online instead. DUH. See how dumb I was in the beginning. Refer to aforementioned points, and here comes the BEST part:
4) FRIENDSHIPS do grow. There are some bloggers that I visit regularly because I FEEL the SUPPORT and friendship. I think of them as friends, and I look forward to more friendships growing, as I work on growing my blog!!
5) The blogs of my sister bloggers are a wonderful resource to keep me in a good place mentally. I continue to LEARN from them about blogging, and to be encouraged in life and my Christian walk. Win, win, win, win.
My accomplishment is humble. My goal list seems daunting at times, and I am still learning... but I am a happy blogger !!
I wish you wonderful sunshine, and Sonshine, in YOUR journey. I am blessed that you dropped by, and would love to hear from you in the comments.
Grandma Mary Martha💖