A little beach at my son's wedding:


I was pleased with how it turned out, and thought it worth sharing here.  My daughter-in-law is a fan of beach.  In fact she is a certified scuba diver (!) so some beach theme seemed appropriate, as she entrusted some planning to me, where they were considering no wedding party.  They were appropriately focused on the real goal but agreed to expand their day just a bit to include a celebration for church family, close friends and relatives.

Above is the beach cake with it's fake sand, and gluten-free cookies.

The beach cake recipe that I used was Southern Pecan Praline, but seems you could use your preference.  The sand was simply a mixture of   GROUND ALMOND MEAL, and WHITE SUGAR.

The cookies had a sand-dollar design imprinted on them with the tip of a fork which was slightly curved, or flakes of cut almonds applied.  I used a classic roll-out, butter sugar cookie with Pillsbury Gluten-free flour.  I recall that I made little ping pong ball size dough balls, and then pressed flat with my hand palm.  Made perfect sand dollar shape!

Hope you enjoy the same someday.  Sonshine was bright for us this special day.

Ewh!  Found more pictures:

Can you see how tulle, shells and tiny drops of hot glue were used to decorate the under and around the cake stand?







Next time I make a stencil (such as this D) I will show, in blog.  Thanks again for visiting.  Have a blessed day in the Sonshine!
Tammy @
Grandma Mary Marthađź’™


Comments