Homemade Ice-cream and teens !



My daughter had been gone, playing all day. She called and asked if friends could come here.  Of course!  They wanted to know if we had cookie dough and ice-cream.  It is close to 9:00 at night.  I told them we could make some.............

When they got home, daughter had to walk the dog. They were being typical, joking and not being in a hurry.  I was thinking, "If you want to make ice-cream to eat tonight, you better get on it!!"

Hurry??  In the summer??   I guess not.  Guess who mixed the ice-cream after-all?  Yep.  Me.




First I whipped the heavy whipping cream.  Let me tell you, I was beginning to wonder if it was going to WHIP and get stiff at all, and then it happened..........


See how it sticks to the edge (down below) and does not drip.  It has some body.  At this point I added the sweetened condensed milk and whipped some more.  Then I added a couple caps of vanilla, and because I like it a little less sweet, I also added a generous splash of regular low fat milk and whipped some more.


I poured it in a shallow plastic-ware to freeze quickly I hope.


See, they are more interested in playing than "cooking."  



I got out of making cookies.  Daughter got up and made a "brownie mix."

Three hours later, one kid is sleeping here, two have gone home.  Ice-cream is beginning to freeze:

This is worth trying!  Compared to high quality purchased ice-creams, I'd say this is high quality....made from REAL stuff, and economical.  You saw the simple ingredients.  Try it !  It's easy, and super tasty.  Yum !

After freezing overnight, it is PERFECT.  I'd enter it in an ice-cream contest! 



Proverbs 17:22
A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones.

1 Thessalonians 5:18
in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Grandma Mary Martha 💖


Comments