Ever Feel Left Out?

2 minute read



It hurts a little to write this one.

Have you ever felt left out?  Stuck in the cold?

I have.

I actually truly believe that in different contexts it is a very common feeling from person to person to feel left out.  Another version of this, is, "I don't belong."

I finally decided, "That's O.K."

It took me too too too too long to learn this in my heart, and doesn't mean that I never hurt about feeling left out, but it really is O.K..
..................................................................................

Twenty-five years ago, there was a wise, cool teacher that I very much admired.  She had this particular little boy in her class, and I had his sister in my class.  For some reason, the sister, who was very pleasant in demeanor and presence, was always smiling and telling me how much her brother loved his teacher.

I believe in sharing the flowers (passing compliments along) so I went to that teacher and told her the raving wonderful talk I was hearing of her..... how much this little boy student liked her.

I still remember her response.  She said, "I really appreciate you telling me.  That is nice to hear.  I know that I can't be all things for all students.  It is nice to hear when I am GOOD for someone."  (emphasis on someone)
...................................

Other settings or groups are not a lot unlike this situation.  We are not going to be everyone's favorite person.  If you have SOMEONE who thinks you are pretty special, then you are blessed !!  Try to accept your blessing.  Thank GOD, and then turn the focus on Him, rather than your perceived "not belonging." 

God has a plan for you, and it is a wonderful one!  Rest in Him and give yourself a break, from being concerned with how you fit in with others.  Enjoy the love of our FATHER.


Proverbs 3:6
In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
(Quit expecting your path to be parallel with _____'s or _______'s.  They are not your focus, God is!)

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that  I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 
Sister, rest in that!!  I figure my readers are mostly going to be women so I write as such, but ladies, share this encouragement with men in your life.  If you have a son, husband, brother or friend who needs to hear this............ be a mouthpiece to share God's 
wisdom. 
Philippians 4:8 
Finally brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy-meditate on these things. 
(Refer to Proverbs and Jeremiah scriptures above!  Ha ha ha, It is continuous cycle flow chart!๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜Š)

Be blessed!  Thanks for visiting here.
Love, from Tammy
at Grandma Mary Martha๐Ÿ’–




Comments

  1. This is a touching story.
    I also believe that words of affirmation goes a long way to somebody's heart. It's a seed that grows into a beautiful garden (soul). I practice to look a person's worth based on how would Jesus sees that special being. I also have struggles on wanting to feel belonged in a family,church,friends. So when I got married I was devastated to the core when I felt the outright rejection from in-laws. It gave a distorted image to how I perceive myself, unworthy and unloved. It also took a long,long time to learn how to rest on God's caring arms when I felt living outside the circle. I would have wanted my younger self to read this and maybe it could save me a lot of heartaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and wise to remember a person's worth in JESUS. He loved "the world," which included all...... That worth apply's to you as well, sweet Kate. May our identity, peace, wisdom, and love to share, come from Him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment