Healthy Lunches and Snacks to Go

For a couple reasons, my daughter and I take our lunch each day.  Our money savings is significant, and this is how easy it is.
Veggies, with dressing and sunflower seeds for dipping.  Carrots, celery, green onion, yellow peppers for me.  A few apple slices for dessert.

Daughter had carrots, apples, cheese sticks, sunflower seeds and ranch dressing.

Other variations include boiled egg, (bottom) and cream cheese roll, honey roasted peanuts, with apple slices.

I really enjoyed my roast beef roll with green onion and ranch dressing:
  Peanut butter and apple slices for healthy snack stash:


Carrots, apple, strawberries, plus wraps.  My wrap on the left was small amount of cream cheese, and chopped up boiled egg and green onion.  Daughter's on right was cream cheese and turkey slices, and bit of lettuce.

Yummy!  On this day, we had chicken salad:
Daughter had honey roasted peanuts (mostly 'cause we ran out of bread and crackers) and an orange.  I had the lettuce. 
...........................................................

Let me tell you about the chicken.  It was from the big bag of frozen skinless chicken breast and I neglected to put it out to thaw in good time, so I had to ..... put it in the oven at my bedtime!!  ...set my alarm to get it out of oven after a full hour of 350* in covered pan with chicken not quite submersed in water after  being doused with olive oil and sprinkled with poultry seasoning.  After I got them out of oven, I had to leave them there for hour and half to cool and then put it in fridge.  In the morning I just cubed 2 breasts and added 2 cored, chopped apples, two spoons pickle relish, about 2 tablespoons mayo, and garnished with dried cranberries.  Someday I will share more about how I eat on a main course for 2 to 4 days... with variations made.
....................................................................
Next day:

On left is mine, with Ranch on bottom of container under lettuce.  Chicken salad on the side, and sprinkled with cranberries.  It mixed up well and tasted great at lunch.  Daughter had apple slices, peanut butter, strawberries, and left over pancake from breakfast that was made with left over yogurt, milk from a glass, egg, flour, baking powder, almond meal and ground flaxseed.  Someday I will share more about that!  Sooner rather than later if requested.  We are just pretty thrilled that the weekend is here.
...................................................................
this day:

If you have never tried peanut butter and banana, you need to!!  You can mash the banana with the peanut-butter if you want to, but above, I just sliced it and arranged it.  On my oatnut bread, it was AWESOME😄

another week:
Mmmm.... tomato basil "wraps" with thin smearing of mayo, then nice layer of spinach and greens, and turkey deli meat.
 Pickle relish on my daughter's side, to thrill her, and two chopped green onions on my side.

A few strawberries in her lunch!  I have learned to be careful to pat dry, produce that has been washed or is moist, and to pack apple slices with skin side (less juice) toward the wrap, so that it doesn't get soggy.
I hope you are inspired to try inexpensive healthy ways to pack lunch and snacks to go!

Comments