Simple, Yummy Breakfast for 2 active teens ....

Junior High has been challenging, but my teen daughter has been blessed with some great friends recently, and generally, cooking for my flock is a great pleasure in life.  I like simple and good for daily life, and I love that when cooking for the teens on the weekend, who have literally run miles during the week, and bounced, bumped or thrown balls hundreds of times........ I don't have to feel guilty about using more sugar and butter.  Here is what I made for the girls (actually my husband and I partook as well.)

Yummy oven toast: cinnamon, and honey butter. First, I preheated the oven for the toast:

Then I mixed softened butter, real butter, and sugar and cinnamon.  Almost equal portions of butter and sugar; to my taste, probably a bit more butter than sugar, and then less cinnamon.  The goal is for you to be able to estimate YOUR portions the way you like it, so keep in mind, that it is easier to add (butter or sugar, or cinnamon) than to take away from your mixture.

Mixy mixy.

Smeary smeary.


I didn't have enough for the six toasts that I wanted to make, so I mixed butter and honey for the last two slices!

Toast went in the oven for 8 minutes, and then I flipped it for 2 more minutes of heat.  Meanwhile, I prepare for the eggs:

A splash of heavy cream, and milk, help make Grandma Mary Martha's eggs moist and yummy.  Salt and pepper to taste. Olive oil is the healthy oil we use around here for most cooking.




The toast was gorgeous:


I stretched my 3 pounds of ground beef for another meal.  (Looks like I am feeding my household on this beef for an estimated 5 or 6 meals.)  

Here is what it did for us at breakfast.  I used my Grannie S.'s trick of adding salt, pepper and SAGE to make my own sausage😊😊



Ever heard the tip about forming your patty with a knuckle print in the center?  Helps it retain juices, and cook thoroughly.  I am so happy if Grandma Mary Martha can share something sensible with you.

Would you compost too?  Rather than trashing your egg shells and fruit, veggie scraps, put them outside to decompose and contribute to the soil or your potted plants.



I really enjoyed this Saturday breakfast, and our company this weekend.  I wanted to try half slice of each toast and I can tell you

It all was delightful.  Enjoy life, girls, and when you are cleaning up and doing the dishes, remember how blessed you are to have your health to use in service, and your love ones, to DO FOR.
.....................................................................

Again, a following Saturday:  French Toast today

First I put three large eggs in my Nutribullet, because it is the best blender!


To the eggs, I added about 1/2 cup of milk,


a common spoon of sugar,


heaping spoon of flour,


smidgen of vanilla,


and I gave the blender a whiz whiz:


(Here my camera started acting up)

I saturated 4 slices of  old bread, cut in half.


After olive oil warmed on my electric stove at 3 or 4,


I cooked each piece until golden on edges, turning as needed.


Now my camera started cooperating again.  
There was just enough egg mixture to do one more piece!




I ate my French Toast with banana and syrup.


Yummy yummy.  Kids are sleeping still.  They can pop it in toaster or microwave when they want.  Husband is working away.  Son has flown from the nest.  Life is quiet.

Psalm 46:10   Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!


Comments