I chose the book of Romans, and am on chapter 4.
About 8 years ago, I bought an economical, soft leather-bound, simple large print King James Version Bible that I allow myself to write in. Using different pens and highlighters I have made marks to show as an outward sign where something happened in my heart...what meant something to me...
As I began chapter 4, I thought, "That is strange. No marks. Hmm. Am I not going to get much out of this post?"
Tammy Dunlap you fool! Anytime you spend in the word, you will be blessed !!
Chapter 4 of the book of Romans is a wonderful book with much discussion, dare I say, "explanation," about GRACE, imputed righteousness, and "Abraham our Father," (v.1).
Consider Romans 4:
3) For what saith the scripture? ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS COUNTED UNTO HIM FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
4) Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
5) But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
6) Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness with out works,
7) Saying, BLESSED ARE THEY WHOSE INIQUITIES ARE FORGIVEN, AND WHOSE SINS ARE COVERED.
8) BLESSED IS THE MAN WHOM THE LORD WILL NOT IMPUTE SIN.
And then there is discussion to the effect that this is available to the circumcised and uncircumcised alike...and how this blessing is ours through faith, not the law.
I love the language:
v. 13...righteousness of faith
v. 17...God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.
v. 18 Who against hope believed in hope,...
v.20...strong in faith, giving glory to God
21) He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
22) And therefore IT WAS IMPUTED TO HIM FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS
24) But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
25) Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.
Oh, praise the Lord! All glory and honor to our Father and His Son who went willingly to the cross for
and imputed righteousness for those who believe in His position as only begotten Son who died and was raised to LIVE and prepare a place for us, and reconcile us to the Father, that the law does not define us or condemn us, for in Christ JESUS our iniquities are forgiven, our sins are covered.
Supply me with the faith that I need Father, so that my faith may be counted as righteousness.
Grow me in YOUR wisdom and YOUR ways.
Your will be done, in my heart, my life, the life of my family, and in all the world, as in Heaven. Please give me eyes to see Your will and a heart to rejoice and follow....
Thank you for the life and HOPE that I have in Jesus. All glory and honor to my Father, in Christ. AMEN
Now you are invited to visit the other posts Blogging Through the Bible, at www.thespeckledgoatblog.com/2018/02/failing-followers-paralyzed-by-need.html
Thank you for visiting, and letting me share. Be blessed in the Sonshine!
from the Grandma Mary Martha blog