important message

**important message: in order to see all blog posts under a certain tab or date file, you may need to click on the "older" link near lower right. (something I learned about my blog)

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Prayer Walk with my Packet

Look how beautiful the sky was, as I drove to town for my prayer walk.  True, I could have walked anywhere.... and sometimes I do, but today my daughter wanted to walk at the school track.  She's training for long distance running (cross-country team).  No sisters were expected to join me this evening, so it was just me and the Lord, in the slow lane talking while my daughter ran and listened to her music (often Christian jams!).


I had the opportunity to use my prayer packet.  I loved it!!  It was pretty cool....easy to carry, and hold, and actually made it comfortable for me to know what to pray about with ease.  The little papers cued me on what to pray.  Some were of topics, and some were scriptures.  


I am going to give an example of what this might sound like, because I literally remember learning "praying scripture."  It was not an idea that I at all observed in my family on a large enough scale that it impressed me.  I learned from..... maybe a sister on the television....... I am not sure.  So for anyone who is wondering, it might go like this:
(Card says:)
Psalm 9:9
The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.
(My prayer could be like this, always from the heart:)
Lord, thank you for hearing and caring!  If there are any oppressed around me, help me to recognize and be used of you to minister.  When trouble comes, I pray that because of YOU in my life, that I will have wisdom and strength.  Lord the school year is about to begin.  Open the heart of YOUR people, and when problems arise at school, let those that belong to you, HEAR from YOU, and be strengthened because of YOU.  Thank you Father, that YOU are a refuge in times of trouble.  In Jesus name I pray, AMEN.


After I went through all of the slips of paper, covering each in prayer, I put them back in the packet.  DONE.


I put them in the back pocket of the little envelop and tied it back up.  this is definitely something I will use again, and I highly recommend for anyone to try.



I walked for a few more laps.  Daughter ran 3 miles !!


About dark we were done.  Look at the beautiful sky then.


I encourage you to consider inviting someone to join you on a prayer walk.  Make a daily or weekly appointment of it.  You can support one another and stand in agreement.  You can read >here< about my prayer walk background.  Prayer walks with someone else are quite new to me, but I am hooked.  I will continue to seek sisters to join me....

By yourself or with a friend, time with God in prayer is precious.  Thank you for letting me tell you about my wonderful evening.  I pray that you will experience some of this sweetness for yourself.  As always, I'd love to hear from you in the comments.
Tammy @
Grandma Mary Marthađź’–

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you for sharing!!!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

2017 Liebster Award....like pie with awesome sauce!

Wow!  Sweet like  a delectable piece of pie,  a serving of validation with awesome sauce,  is the appreciation expressed in the Leibst...