important message

**important message: in order to see all blog posts under a certain tab or date file, you may need to click on the "older" link near lower right. (something I learned about my blog)

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Cleaning Converse




I am proud of these girls, happy for their ambition, accomplishment, and work ethic here.  (Maybe I am easily pleased.)

In anticipation of the new school year, these girls wanted to CLEAN their well worn and stained Converse tennie shoes also called sneakers.........  



My daughter did a little research and decided they would mix I think equal portions of baking soda, with clothes detergent, and then dip discarded tooth brushes in that solution for SCRUBBING.




So they wet the shoes, and dipped the toothbrushes in the cleaning solution as needed to keep it saturated, and they scrubbed for probably one and a half hours !!


Aren't they adorable??  I love'em so much !!





Then my daughter decided she wanted to SPRAY straight vinegar on that, and scrub more:




I happened to have one Magic Eraser which is something we can buy in the cleaner isle at the store.  I cut it in half and they used that (see the "crumbles") to scrub the rubber parts like sides and toes. 


Rinse and then insert and tie up in a t-shirt bag, and ....off to washeteria because we can't wash plastic or rubber in our home machine.



We brought more detergent, mixed with bleach water, and put them in the machine in town.




Came out looking pretty good, clean and white!









After being in the sun to dry, they look really good, and the girls are pleased with the outcome of their hard work.  I am happy to see them striving to take care of their things.

Grandma Mary Marthađź’–


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Stain is on My Hands

The stain was on my hands.  The fruit has been mostly delicious, but not quite perfect.  The stain, in truth, has been washed away by t...