important message

**important message: in order to see all blog posts under a certain tab or date file, you may need to click on the "older" link near lower right. (something I learned about my blog)

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Are you wrestling with a decision??



God gave us our brains for a purpose.   Yes we are supposed to use them.  

 On and on and on... I can go on... examining and considering and trying to make up my mind.  This is where having good counsel is needed, and for this purpose, I am sharing some tips, as well as a few visual worksheet templates that might be helpful.

I would encourage you to consider wisdom from the Bible, above all:

2 Timothy 3:16 
All scripture is inspired by God, and is profitable for doctrine...for correction, for instruction in righteousness

Perhaps you are familiar with Bible concepts and teachings and some scriptures in your heart are already speaking to you.  Great! Consider them for sure.  

If you do not have a background of Bible knowledge maybe there is a friend or someone who you respect and know to be a Christian that could share a Biblical perspective!  

I have even in adulthood (middle age) approached someone that I did not know very well, but whom I respected, and asked for them to visit with me to this aim.  Lastly, you can consult Bible indexes for a topic study.........

1st Thessalonians 5:16
Pray with out ceasing
Asking for guidance and help from God, we are actually instructed to do.
James 1:5
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all liberally...and it will be given  to him.

Then, I would encourage you to be talk to someone that you trust, because that sharing is healthy.  On this note let me assure you that there may be more love and help available than you know.  There are people waiting to support you with fair and just, and GOOD loving support, what-ever you are going through, what-ever is on your mind. Make it a point to seek counsel from others !!

Proverbs 11:14 
...in the multitude of counselors, there is safety.

High five to YOU for being level headed person and TRYING to make a good decision!

Now, as a grandma who has been around the block a few times, and didn't just fall off the turnip wagon yesterday, or the dinosaur (me trying to be funny), I am sharing with you a version of a THOUGHT WORKSHEET that I have actually used myself.  Personally, I think it is a sign of SMARTS if you would take the time to so carefully consider your dilemma as laid out on this worksheet:




May you be blessed with favor of the Lord, and protected by Him as with a shield. (from Psalm 5:12)

May you find God's will for your life.  Remember, mainly He wants your heart, obedience in what you know, and for your life to be rich with fruits of His Holy Spirit.

Grandma Mary Martha 💖


No comments:

Post a Comment

Self Esteem & Boundaries; John 8

I have about 5 fairly finished drafts in this blog, that I do not publish quite yet, because of questions or insecurity.  Insecurity is un...