important message

**important message: in order to see all blog posts under a certain tab or date file, you may need to click on the "older" link near lower right. (something I learned about my blog)

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Prayer Packets

I am exceedingly excited !!

If you have read much of my blog, you will probably know that it is authored my me, Tammy, a.k.a. Grandma Mary Martha, and that it springs from my need to be creative.

Housework is so much easier for me after I have had a dose of creativity for the day.  I have a HEAP of housework to do, but it was my great pleasure just now, to make these "prayer packets."

They will be offered to our community prayer walkers, to hold and organize prayer, praise and scripture notes!!  As there are two primary pockets in each organizer or packet, one will be for UN-SHARED and the other will be for SHARED.  I will give a more thorough report on our community prayer walk ministry in another post.  It is a baby ministry that we look to the Lord to grow. 

Here is the how to make your prayer packet:
............................................................................................................
All you need is:

*tape, *ribbon of some kind (I used lace and tulle)
and *paper bags or big envelopes 
* a hole puncher (though you could make the holes with the criss-cross cut method which I will share)
Worth noting:  You can usually buy paper bags, and a roll of ribbon from the dollar store, as well as tape😊
1) Fold the sack or envelope in half so that top and bottom are together at the top!
2) Tape edges or sides together.
3) Make a hole through the front of the piece of the envelope. 
4) Use the brad and or the holes to thread the ribbon through and through, and tie your prayer packet shut to keep your papers from flying out.












Now, lastly, get index cards or standard paper folded and cut into pieces.  Write down petitions that you want to hold up before the Lord.  Think of your family, the Lord's church body in your community and abroad, your community, your state, your nation, the world, the unborn, the persecuted, the needy.  Write your prayer notes down and put them in the back section of your prayer pocket.

Then write down praises from your heart.  Remember to thank and praise God for the great things He has done.

Refer to your Bible and choose scripture to use in praise.  Copy some special verses down.

...............................................................

These prayer pockets some of us will use during our prayer time.  As we speak or share from our slips of paper, we will move the slips of paper from the back pocket, to the front pocket.

I am SO EXCITED about meeting with my sisters to pray, and I encourage you to consider doing this with your daughters and sons and grandchildren.  They could "decorate their packets," with crayons and markers, and even dictate their prayer requests or draw pictures to represent their notes (a picture of their family, etc.)  It could be a very meaningful activity for you to use to share your faith and love of God.

Thank you for visiting me here. If this post is a blessing you, it would surely bless me if you left a comment below.  I will share more in an update later.  Now, I have to get on that heap of housework that is waiting on me.  Have a blessed day, beautiful creation of God! 
Grandma Mary Martha πŸ’–

Criss-cross cut hole method, and example of notes with kids:












You don't have to, but I color coded a bit.  When copied from our life giving Bible, I highlighted in green.  When I wrote notes to remind about an issue to address from the heart specifically, I used pink.  I am so excited to have sisters to share special prayer time with ...........


If I am a fool, may I be a fool for the Lord.
Grandma Mary Martha πŸ’–



6 comments:

  1. What a neat idea! And the finished product is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting and taking the time to encourage me, in my blogging, Audrey. God bless you.

      Delete
  2. What a great idea - a creative way to remember to pray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we are endeavoring to do a "prayer walk," and desire for it to be to His glory. I wanted to provide support in-case some sisters felt we ran out of things to say......... We can always fill in with PRAISE and SCRIPTURE. Thanks for visiting and commenting Andrea!

      Delete
  3. This is the cutest and most encouraging thing I have read all day! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for blessing me with your kind support Hyla !!

      Delete

Self Esteem & Boundaries; John 8

I have about 5 fairly finished drafts in this blog, that I do not publish quite yet, because of questions or insecurity.  Insecurity is un...