important message

**important message: in order to see all blog posts under a certain tab or date file, you may need to click on the "older" link near lower right. (something I learned about my blog)

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Be a Sad S.A.C.K. -er



My sweet mama used to tell me, "When you start feeling sorry for yourself.... look around and find someone to do something for......"

My mother's primary love language to others, is SERVICE.  Yes!!  Some people show LOVE  through service, and if you are unfamiliar with the specific love languages that people could be speaking love to YOU, then you definitely need to read, Gary Chapman's book on that!


That was really good advice Mom gave ♡♡♡♡♡

I have expanded on this positive advice to declare that
we should all be Sad S.A.C.K.-ers!!

When you are sad or depressed, try one or all, or a combination of these:

S.............SERVE:
Like my mama said, "Look around and find someone to do something for."  Be a blessing to someone else.♡♡♡♡♡


A...............APPRECIATE
There is a wonderful old hymn that goes, "Count your blessings, name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done........."  Really and truly, take the time to list your blessings and thank God for them  ♡♡♡♡♡ This could actually entail taking a walk, and taking the time to appreciate what you see, or petting your dog, and appreciating your faithful friend......APPRECIATE ♡♡♡♡♡

C...............CREATE
I advocate "art therapy!!"  Make something cool or beautiful.  With Pinterest at our fingertips there should no shortage of ideas or possibilities.  Many of you would have double fun, and double benefit if you included a child in your creativity endeavor.  Children's smiles help evaporate our tears,♡♡♡♡♡  and oh my goodness, it just occurred to me, "You can create also in music, and by planning fun times (a party game plan)."  God gave you the capacity to think, plan, and do, and create, for a purpose, and He wants you to enjoy your talents and abilities with a grateful heart. ♡

K................KNOW
Focus on your knowledge from scripture.  **Know your strength, love and hope in Him.  Personally, when I am really down, I like to write scripture on card and note papers and put the reminders all around my house and I have even done it in my car.♡♡♡♡♡

I encourage you all to be sad S.A.C.K.-ers, and teach your children to be.................

Thanks for visiting Grandma Mary Martha, and I would LOVE for you to comment below, with your favorite scripture(s).

**Here are pictures of some postings on a closet door in our house:




If I am a fool, may I be a fool for the Lord!
                                                                
Grandma Mary Martha 💖

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self Esteem & Boundaries; John 8

I have about 5 fairly finished drafts in this blog, that I do not publish quite yet, because of questions or insecurity.  Insecurity is un...