important message

**important message: in order to see all blog posts under a certain tab or date file, you may need to click on the "older" link near lower right. (something I learned about my blog)

Friday, June 16, 2017

Aaahh ! My baby is venturing off..............



I suspected it would happen.  I was hoping it would not, or I was dreading it at least...

Last week my daughter shared almost everything with me!  Today she gets a phone call and runs out of the room for privacy.  Based on recent interactions I can predict that if I inquire what that was about, her answer will be a giggle and sparse details.

How much independence is appropriate??

In 5 short years she will likely be living on her own, facing choices with me many miles away and not present on a daily basis.  Her days will be filled with books, professors, strangers, new observations, perhaps new conflicts, ideas and wonderings.

Why is every stage of parenting so challenging for us well intentioned, even educated, experienced parents?

When my children were young, I think for a decade I read nothing but self-help parenting advice genre.  It helped!!  It helped tremendously !!  Why is it still so difficult?

I already launched my son.  By the blessing and grace of God, he is a happy, functional, accomplishing, honorable married man.  Why is my heart disturbed that my teen age daughter desires some private management of her life?

Honestly, today I am bothered more out of personal mommy issue, than concern for her.

She is at the top of her class.  Rather than worrying that she will not do her best in school, I have to help her manage putting un-due stress or expectations on herself.  She gives 100% effort.

She is happy and social, and I know her friends well and I approve.  In fact, I consider them an answer to prayer, and I love them.

They actually have conversations about how they hope to be a good influence on ___________ who is not encouraged toward Christ in his home.

I suppose it is the human element, the flesh that makes this difficult for me to accept that it is soon coming time to let go.  It is difficult to adjust.  Let me remember to apply God's word which is planted in my heart:

Philipians 4:8
....whatever things are true,  whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy-meditate on these things.

1 Thessalonians 5:17
pray with out ceasing,

1 Kings 8:49
then hear in Heaven Your dwelling place, their prayer and their supplication, and maintain their cause

I know I have  everything to be grateful for.  Today, I will continue in prayer and rest in my wonderful faith, that God loves my daughter more than I do.  I can trust Jesus to totally maintain this cause !!!

May you also rest in knowing that God loves bigger and better than we ever do, and He does hear our prayers and we may leave our causes with Him.  (sister hugs to you sister in Christ)

                                                              
Thanks for visiting,
Grandma Mary Marthađź’–


2 comments:

  1. My baby is off to sailing camp this afternoon and I will pick her up on Friday at 2pm. . .I feel it too. Thanks for sharing with me Tammy. Your friend in Christ,Pamela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, yeah, we miss them when they are gone, don't we? (hugs)

      Delete

2017 Liebster Award....like pie with awesome sauce!

Wow!  Sweet like  a delectable piece of pie,  a serving of validation with awesome sauce,  is the appreciation expressed in the Leibst...