important message

**important message: in order to see all blog posts under a certain tab or date file, you may need to click on the "older" link near lower right. (something I learned about my blog)

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Do You Ever Battle with Your Grouchy Self ??



When I am tired, Grouchy-Self tries to take over.  When I am sick, and tired, (literally) then Grouchy-Self sneaks in very stealth like, and seems to chloroform  Nice-Me.  The other day, I caught Grouchy-Self, and had a confrontational talk with her.

Nice-Me said, "Why are you resenting _______(person's name) ?  Why don't you instead realize that _________ (person's behavior that is innocent though idiosyncratic) is just a result or sign that you are BLESSED with this person in your life, whom YOU LOVE?"

Well, that little talk seemed to shame Grouchy-Self to disappear into the darkness, for a nap perhaps.  With her out of the way, Nice-Me said a prayer, "Thank you God for _______ ," and peace and love and thanksgiving nestled in our home to fellowship for the evening.    


"Lord, help me remember that tactic with Grouchy-Self in the future. Thank you for sweet ____________ in my life.  Help me to be kind and loving.  In YOU is my HOPE."

(John 3:3) And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.

(1 Thessalonians 5:16-18) Rejoice always, pray with out ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

Thank you for visiting my Grandma Mary Martha blog.  Have a blessed day, and the Lord be with you, in battling the Grouchy-Self.💖


3 comments:

  1. Wow Tammy,don't we all have these moments and times. I can identify with this for sure. Thanks for reminding me.Your friend in Christ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Tammy you read my mail on this! Sometimes I just gotta sit my grouchy self down and give me a good "talkin to" as we say in Texas! Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggle with it over and over. Thank you for visiting. I appreciate it! I am from Texas as well <3

      Delete

2017 Liebster Award....like pie with awesome sauce!

Wow!  Sweet like  a delectable piece of pie,  a serving of validation with awesome sauce,  is the appreciation expressed in the Leibst...