Be Careful Where You Put Your Securities


I can still remember being 16 years old, calling my treasured girlfriend up, broken-hearted because my favored boyfriend at the time had shattered my dreams and expectations with his foolish behavior.  It was OVER with him, and I was tender and grieving, the way only young love hurts.

My "wise for her age" friend, assured me it would all be OK, and she pointedly summed up what I did. (Where did she get this stuff? I do not know.)  She said, "You put ALL your securities in him.  We have to be careful where we put our securities." 

She is exactly right of course!  Not only should we inspect the fruit produced in the people's lives whom we choose to share our time and lives with on a social level, AND be discriminating in WHO we choose to hang around, but even beyond that............. Now I know.  

It is so plain to me now...  Who is the ONLY one that we can be 100% sure of His LOVE, and faithfulness, and perfect character?  Father, God, Jesus, Savior, Provider, Rock, Shield, Fortress.... our Triune God-head.

Be prepared.  Brace yourselves.  Others will disappoint you and hurt you at times.  You will even disappoint and hurt others.

So keep your eyes on the Father, and do the best that you can in life, 

loving,

caring,

learning,

sharing,

serving,

forgiving,

burden bearing,

...knowing He's not finished with any of us yet !

2 Samuel 22:3
The Lord is my rock, in Him will I trust, he is my shield... 

Philippians 1:6
Being confident of this very thing; that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ

Put your securities FIRST in the one who deserves it.

Tammy @
Grandma Mary Martha 💖






Comments

  1. Right on the mark, Tammy! Love this! It's always better to pray for God's leading while choosing our friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was very wise for sixteen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sharing..Tammy, very wise, our securities are in God...we can be 100% sure of Him..things can crash, govts. people, finances, health, but in God do we trust..our security..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment